Offered by the Department of Art
Associate Professors Schlegel (Chairperson), Whitehouse
Assistant Professor Economos
The Graphic Design Minor offers students a cohesive and basic level of understanding within the discipline, and includes course offerings from the major’s two distinct tracts, in print and motion. Students interested in combining the Graphic Design Minor with other areas of study, such as Business, Marketing, Communication or even more disparate majors, will create an education that will allow them to be thoughtful, future problem-solvers and catalysts for successful visual communication within our society.
- Provide a basic understanding of the concepts, processes, skills, and techniques used in the field of graphic design.
- Offer an area of study, for multiple majors throughout the University, which will compliment many disciplines, adding a breadth and depth of perspective to existing programs on campus.
- Give Mansfield University graduates a broader level of understanding and the resources to think creatively and act as conceptual problem solvers.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the use of the Elements and Principles of Design within various forms of graphic design.
- Identify terminology associated with the concepts, techniques, and processes used in graphic design.
- Apply the use of the creative design process within strategic problem solving and visual communication applications.
- Apply a thorough knowledge of the basic concepts associated with the history, culture, tools, techniques, processes, and presentation of graphic design.