Offered by the Department of Communication
Professor Young (chairperson)
Associate Professors Hoy
Assistant Professors Bernum, Jackson, McIntyre, Pieper
Mission Statement - Organizational Communication
The mission of the Organizational Communication program is to serve our students, Mansfield University and our region through academic, extracurricular and cultural activities which promote the development of communication competence, critical analysis, an ethical foundation, respect for diversity, an understanding for the importance of research and recognition of the value of service, thus preparing our students for careers in their chosen fields.
The Organizational Communication program provides students with an extensive background in human communication study in areas such as business and communication, interpersonal communication, and small group communication. Graduates often seek employment in management, human services, retail, health care, counseling, law or continue to graduate school with the objective of seeking education-based careers. Qualified students are encouraged to participate in the Department’s successful internship program.
- Engage in effective communication in a professional setting.
- Apply communication theories to various communication situations.
- Demonstrate the use of communication technology.
- Assess interpersonal similarities and differences among various diverse populations.
- Design a targeted oral presentation.
- Describe the relationship between communication and conflict.
- Describe the relationship between communication and leadership.