Offered by the Department of Health Sciences
Professor Wright, K.
Associate Professors Maisner
Assistant Professors Decker, Feeney, Klesh, Lanzara, Materese, Oakes, Silva, Zaparzynski
Instructors Carapella, Ferrito, Greer, Hanlon, Kotchka, Merrill, Runyan
The nutrition minor provides the student with a strong background in nutrition as related to the student’s field of study. The minor is especially suited to students in health care fields other than nutrition, students who wish to work with eating disordered individuals, future educators and coaches, future journalists, and anyone else who may need a strong background in nutrition.
- Promote nutrition knowledge among non-nutrition majors
- Promote basic knowledge of foods among non-nutrition majors
Program Learning Outcomes:
Students are able to
- Apply professional guidelines to a practice scenario
- Use the nutrition care process to make decisions, to identify nutrient related problems, and determine and evaluate nutrition interventions.
- Develop food and nutrient interventions to affect change and enhance wellness in diverse individuals and groups
- Develop an educational session or program / educational strategy for a target population