Offered by the Department of Communication
Professor Young (chairperson)
Associate Professors Hoy, Wright, L.
Assistant Professors Bernum, Lohrey, Mason, McIntyre, Pieper
From the internet to broadcasting, film and mobile devices electronic media impacts our lives daily and can have implications on a global scale. This minor is directed to students who do not want a career in media but want to understand its implications and uses in their various disciplines.
• Offer students in other disciplines an opportunity to pursue a course of study in the electronic media.
• Offer students a minor with flexibility in course offerings that allows a student to tailor a study of electronic media to complement and enhance their selected major. For example a Business / Marketing major might choose to select courses in electronic media advertising and management.
• To enhance courses in the electronic media major with contributions from students in other fields.
• Provide students the ability to understand electronic media, its impact on society and how it relates to their chosen profession.
• Provide students the ability and knowledge to develop and improve their media skills in literacy in both their personal and professional lives.